A Few Words By W.H. Auden which I feel would do justice to our feelings for our departed buddies!!!

A Few Words By W.H. Auden which I feel would do justice to our feelings for our departed buddies!!!

"Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone, Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone, Silence the pianos and with muffled drum Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come. Let the aeroplanes circle, moaning overhead Scribbling on the sky the message 'He is Dead'.
Put crepe bows 'round the white necks of the public doves, Let traffic policemen wear black, cotton gloves. He was my(Our) North, my(Our) South, my(Our) East, and West. My working week and my Sunday rest, My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song; I thought that love would last forever: I was wrong. The stars are not wanted now; put out every one, Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun, Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood; For nothing now can ever come to any good."

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Syria Ka Badshah........(Chidiya Ka Bachha) ! ! ! !

Simon Kachari

Part Naga, Part Bodo... Dashing, Tall, Well Built, Conscientious, with a Deep Baritone voice which would give even the most accomplished actor a complex and most importantly a Gentleman to the core. Simon was a guy I could lay a substantial wager on, to qualify unanimously as our batch Idol.

An evergreen part of our singing brigade was forced to be the MC at almost every social Do by the powers that be, in the initial part of training... Apparently to give him confidence... Always smiling Simon was a small town lad with a vision of a born leader.

The day I learnt about his loss, I fervently wished someone had got the news all wrong. But alas it was him....

Simon, I really wish you were were still around... RIP Buddy...

P.S.    On completion of the initial part of our training, our boss triumphantly told Simon " See how confidant you have become on the stage as an MC? Also notice the improvements in your public speaking etc etc etc...." All through this monologue Simon had a mischievous smile on his face. The senior suddenly observed the smile and halted the monologue and said " what the bloody hell are you grinning about" Simon then broke into a humongous smile and replied " I was an All India Radio announcer before I came into this profession." As always understated and silent !!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment